The control panel of a web server is software that provides a graphical interface for user management and administration of server services.
Generally, there are unix-like operating systems such as GNU / Linux and BSD, however, there also exist other platforms such as Windows Server.
Some of the features that control panels contain are:
Statistics of visits .
Details on the share of bandwidth used .
Managing files and directories.
Setting up email accounts .
Managing user accounts FTP servers.
Access to the server log files .
The Control Panel contains many options to customize your computer. You can add new hardware, add and remove programs, change the appearance of the screen and more.
Summary of the most important options.
– Add Hardware : If any new hardware is hooked to your PC, such as a printer this option helps the computer to install it.
– Add or Remove Programs : Here is removes and software, that is, the programs installed on your computer, for example, Microsoft Office , Antivirus, Messenger, various programs such as encyclopedias, books , etc .
– Network connections : allows you to configure multiple computers on network
– Regional and Language Options : It is important that the language is well configured because this affects the keyboard, as in other countries the keys are placed differently.
– User Accounts : To create new users, modify existing ones.
– Scanners and Cameras : If you connect a scanner or digital camera to your computer , go into this option and follow the wizard’s instructions .
– Date & Time : to start working with your computer, we will ensure that the time and date are correct , like the time change is made automatically according to DST .
– Printers and Faxes : To add a printer or fax go to File – Add Printer and follow the wizard.
– Mouse: gives option to change the configuration of primary and secondary mouse buttons for lefties . You can also change the mouse pointer .
– Display: from here you can set the resolution of the screen, the appearance of it, change the desktop background , etc. ..
– System : One of the most important options of the control panel , and here is a summary of the technical features of the software and hardware of the machine.
– Keyboard : In this option you can set the speed of the keyboard.