Secure Mobile Payment Service (SEMOPS) is a payment system via mobile phones. It is promoted by a consortium of banks, mobile operators and software companies. It was created to be a fast, safe and simple method of payment via mobile phone.
Operation of SEMOPS
- The merchant sends the transaction data to the client.
- The client makes a request for payment to your manager. If the customer has sufficient resources, it sends the authorization of the payment to the seller.
- The seller confirms payment request back to the customer, who must accept.
- If the customer accepts the payment request the system automatically performs transaction.
SEMOPS has different payment methods, adapting to the different payment situations
P2P (Person to Person)
As for mobile data phone vendors (Virtual POS)
Payment at vending machines
Payment testers clothing stores, avoid queues boxes
Button WebPay (payment via mobile internet)
To use SEMOPS ,you need to have a Java Virtual Machine installed on your phone. Banks and operators supply modules as Java applications.
SEMOPS can be used on any cellular network. The data transmission can be done by GSM, GPRS, 3G, Bluetooth, NFC and infrared.
The channel through which data is transmitted, depending on the features of the phone. The transmission of data could then be handled via SMS or broadband data service.
SEMOPS uses multilayer protection:
- The acceptance of the transaction is not automatic. Needs customer approval.
- The client remains anonymous throughout.
- There is no centralized database.
- It guarantees the payment to the seller.
- The encrypted data travels. The data is signed electronically.
- Allows instant conversion of currency payments abroad.
- The number of transactions is limited by the amount of money that is the source account.
- Allows banking.
- Change certain habits that are simple, fast and secure purchases.
SEMOPS works only three countries that are being tested as a pilot plans: